Courier services are what tie your services and products to your customers. Especially if you want to save up on the costs associated with doing deliveries in-house. Whether for business or personal use, courier services take an immense load off of your shoulders. Let’s take a closer look at how courier services are an absolute life-saver for businesses and how to utilize them in your business plan.
Benefits Of Courier Services
Why use a courier service? Well, the benefits outweigh the disadvantages for the most part. We’ve highlighted the top benefits of courier services for business use:
- Fast delivery times — Courier service providers typically have no shortage of orders and vehicles, which means they want to get things shipped as soon as possible and avoid things piling up.
- Eliminate in-house costs — No need to hire additional staff and certainly no need to keep vehicles in-house to make your local deliveries. You’ll be cutting back on immense costs by simply outsourcing your deliveries to a courier provider.
- Save money — One of the benefits of courier services that you certainly don’t want to miss out on is saving money. Especially for something as unnoticeable as gasoline. By outsourcing courier services to another company, they will bulk deliver products within each trip. That means your in-house team won’t need to make a long trip just to deliver one item and spend money on gas in the process.
- 24/7 access and perks — Many courier service providers will offer perks like same-day delivery or 24/7 delivery which is difficult to do on your own. That is especially the case if you have a small business. If you plan on transporting food, you can find a courier service that supports chilled or frozen deliveries. You get to make the most of all these perks by opting for a third-party courier service.
What Companies Use Courier Services
More and more companies are using a courier service to reach customers with the recent surge of online shopping that shows no signs of stopping. Courier services have developed greatly to support the transportation of just about anything, as long as you check with the provider beforehand.
Here are only a handful of businesses that can benefit from outsourcing courier services:
- Printing companies
- Manufacturing companies
- Medical institutions
- Ecommerce businesses
- Law and accounting firms
- Fast food chains and restaurants
- Grocery stores
Courier Services For Personal Use
Have an official document that needs to be securely transported? Or sending a care package to a relative? That’s what courier services for personal use are for. You need to check in with a courier service to ensure they do personal deliveries and then determine whether you need local, national, or international delivery. None of those three should be an issue if you’re opting for a notable and trustworthy courier service.
How Much Is It To Use A Courier Service?
Costs vary from provider to provider. For the most part, courier service providers will charge based on distance. That means that you will be charged per mile with a rate that will also cover the gasoline needed to make the trip. Some providers will charge extra for the size of the package — heavier packages will cost more. All in all, it’s best to discuss your business needs with the courier service and do a cost-benefit analysis before deciding to cooperate with one for the long term.
How Do I Use A Courier Service?
For personal use, using a courier service is as easy as 1-2-3. Typically, there is an online portal available to mention your pick-up and delivery addresses and then simply choose when and what you want to be delivered. For businesses, you may want to check in with a representative of the courier service in-person to see if they offer special offers for long-term collaboration with businesses. You may be offered an hourly rate instead of a typical one-time rate for each package.
Choosing to work with the right courier service can do wonders for your business. Get in touch with us today for any questions.